When I'm Frustrated Social Story
This is a digital download, no physical items will be sent to you. You will see the download as either a PDF or zip file.
This social story - When I Feel Frustrated - addresses common behavior concerns. All the types of behaviors that our students may show when they are feeling frustrated or upset.
Social stories are an evidence-based practice in autism and special education, and are effective and efficient at showing clear guidelines through a visual support.
Who needs another task to add to their workload? Not you! It can take a lot of extra time to have to create your own social story every time you need one for your student, but we take out the guesswork and save you a lot of time with this social story. And if you need to make adjustments to this social story, you totally can! It's editable!
The social stories from Autism Grown Up specifically provide proactive calming/coping strategies as well as an opportunity for student choice-making.
- PDF booklet with real photos
- Digital version that is EDITABLE
- We know that it can be impossible to find a one size fits all strategy, so this social story is editable, so you can customize it to your student's needs and behaviors when they are feeling frustrated, and the why
- Student choice (select your own coping strategy)
- Written from student perspective using positive language (what do we want the learner to feel empowered to do?!) - moving away from the challenging behavior
- Instructions on recommended use