Upper Body Exercise Task Cards
Want to incorporate more physical activity at home and/or start including exercise as a part of a regular routine? These upper body exercise cards focus on improving the strength of your arms, back, shoulders, chest, and abs. They can be used anywhere you go whether you’re at home or outside and are great for promoting physical activity within a day or week. They are perfect for all ages whether you’re an individual on the spectrum or a family member/direct supporter/teacher working with an individual.
- Directions on how to use the upper body exercise cards
- 25 different upper body exercises to choose from
- Exercises that allow you the option of using weights, no weights, or other objects
- Modeling and picture demonstrations on each upper body card
- Included modifications for select upper body card
More Background Information About This Resource
Physical activity is essential to our physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing. These upper body cards promote physical activity by increasing upper body strength and endurance. It is important to have overall upper body strength and endurance to have better posture, prevent injuries, and to have a greater quality of life. This activity is a great way to get individuals on the spectrum to become more active throughout the day and introduce autonomy when it comes to choosing what exercises to do in their routine. Exercise is an evidence-based practice for learners on the autism spectrum.