Menu Math Worksheets | Valentine's Bakery | Addition
This is a digital download, no physical items will be sent to you. You will see the download as either a PDF or zip file.
Students can practice functional reading and math skills using Valentines’ Bakery food menus! This particular resource focuses on addition and adding bakery items together from a menu. Also can be a fun Valentine’s and February theme to increase student engagement and interest.
The resource uses real photos, is differentiated, and includes a fill in your own menu and worksheets based on local bakeries in your area or what you find online to further generalize the skill!
ACROSS AGES AND SUPPORT NEEDS
Can be used with students across support needs and abilities. We've included differentiated levels based on whole numbers to decimals as well as visuals to represent each bakery item.
- Life skills math lessons
- Small groups, centers/stations
- 1:1 to independent work
- In person to packets to send home
- Warm-up, exit ticket, early finishers, morning work
- IEP goals on financial literacy, money math, functional math, functional reading (reading menus and applying prices)
We want to support you in creating a future-focused classroom where students are more prepared for life after high school. The resource supports students around independent living goals and life skills goals.
About the Resource
Using the Resource
- 42 worksheets
- 5 levels (the last one being a fill in your own/use a real life bakery menu)
- 6 problems per page
- 10 pages per level for levels 1-4, 2 different pages for level 5
- Visuals of the bakery items are a part of each addition problem set
- 3 created menus
- Whole numbers, decimals, closer to real life, and fill in your own/blank
Answer Key + Data Collection Sheet
- For 4 levels, plus blank for the 5th level
- Collect data across multiple data points as students work through the worksheets