Menu Math Worksheets | Donut Shop | Addition
Students can practice functional reading and math skills using Donut Shop food menus! This particular resource focuses on addition and adding donut shop items together from a menu. Also can be a fun theme related to an upcoming CBI or field trip to increase student engagement and interest.
The resource uses real photos, is differentiated, and includes a fill in your own menu and worksheets based on local donut shops in your area or what you find online to further generalize the skill!
IDEAS FOR USE
You can use this resource in a multitude of ways:
- Life skills math lessons
- Small groups, centers/stations
- 1:1 to independent work
- In person to packets to send home
- Warm-up, exit ticket, early finishers, morning work
- IEP goals on financial literacy, money math, functional math, functional reading (reading menus and applying prices)
ACROSS AGES AND SUPPORT NEEDS
Can be used with students across support needs and abilities. We've included differentiated levels based on whole numbers to decimals as well as visuals to represent each donut shopitem.
PROMOTING NEURODIVERSITY + FUTURE-FOCUSED WORK
We want to support you in creating a future-focused classroom where students are more prepared for life after high school. The resource supports students around independent living goals and life skills goals.
About the Resource
Using the Resource
- 50 worksheets
- 5 levels (the last one being a fill in your own)
- 9 problems per page; 18 problems per set
- Visuals of the donut shop items are a part of each addition problem set
Donut Shop Menus
- 3 menus
- Whole numbers, decimals, and fill in your own/blank
Answer Key + Data Collection Sheet
- For 4 levels, plus blank for the 5th level
- Collect data across multiple data points as students work through the worksheets