Dollar Bill Identification File Folders
Students will identify, match, and sort dollar bills using real photos. This set of file folder activities will help students practice foundational life skills and falls under our personal finance & money management category.
AGES AND SUPPORT NEEDS
For younger to older students (elementary to young adult students) who need more visuals, support, and repetition before and while generalizing this skill.
IDEAS FOR USE
You can use this resource in a multitude of ways:
- Pair with IEP goals on life skills – money management, personal finance
- Life skills classroom lessons
- Small groups, centers/stations
- Individual 1:1 work to independent work
- Warm-up, exit ticket, early finishers
PROMOTING NEURODIVERSITY + FUTURE-FOCUSED WORK
We want to support you in your classroom to promote life skills that are important for preparing students for life after high school.
- Resource Walkthrough
- Printing Guidelines
- Suggestions for Use and Differentiation
1. Picture Match
- Students identify and match real photos of dollar bills
2. Word Match
- Students read and match text of dollar bills
3. Identify (4 activities: $1, $5, $10, $20)
- Students identify the correct dollar bills and non-examples
4. Sort (3 activities: ($1 vs. $5, $10 vs. $20, all)
- Students sort real photos of dollar bills between the two groups
Click here to preview the resource.