Measuring Cups and Spoons File Folders
This is a digital download, no physical items will be sent to you. You will see the download as either a PDF or zip file.
Students will identify, match, and sort measuring cups and spoons using real photos. This set of file folder activities will help students practice foundational life skills and falls under our kitchen/cooking category.
AGES AND SUPPORT NEEDS
For younger to older students (elementary to young adult students) who need more visuals, support, and repetition before and while generalizing this skill.
IDEAS FOR USE
You can use this resource in a multitude of ways:
- Pair with IEP goals on life skills – cooking and kitchen
- Life skills classroom lessons
- Small groups, centers/stations
- Individual 1:1 work to independent work
- Warm-up, exit ticket, early finishers
PROMOTING NEURODIVERSITY + FUTURE-FOCUSED WORK
We want to support you in your classroom to promote life skills that are important for preparing students for life after high school.
- Resource Walkthrough
- Printing Guidelines
- Suggestions for Use and Differentiation
1. Picture Match
- Students identify and match real photos of measuring cups and spoons
2. Word Match
- Students read and match text of measuring cups and spoons
- Students sort real photos of measuring cups and spoons between the two groups
4. Find the Correct Item
- Students identify the correct measuring cups and spoons