Managing an ABLE Account Toolkit
In this toolkit, we cover/include:
- What is an ABLE account?
- Why Might You Want or Need an ABLE Account?
- What Are Your Needs?
- Starting an ABLE Account Self-Assessment
- The Fine Print: Limitations
- How to Access In Your State
- Best Practices for Using Your ABLE Account
- Not Just a Regular Savings Account
This toolkit is for all members of the autism community to get on the same page around a specific topic.
In whatever role(s) you occupy, you can use this guide to support your knowledge on the topic, share information with others in your support networks, and use this guide in discussions about locating appropriate resources.
Each individual is in a different place and can benefit from learning about ideas and ways to support or seek support.
This toolkit available thanks to a grant with the North Carolina Council on Developmental Disabilities (NCCDD).
About the Lifespan Toolbox
The Lifespan Toolbox is a collection of toolkits for everyone in the autism community from self-advocates, family members, professionals, and other members of the community to get on the same page about autism and lifespan.
We span topics all over the lifespan, specifically thinking about the adulthood years (the longest span of our lives!) and how we can all work together to support the autistic person/people in our lives and community.
Research and reported experiences from autistic individuals show a need to receive individualized support regarding life skills and to be connected with others. That’s where the Lifespan Toolbox comes in!
- We have a growing library of toolkits and are adding to it on a biweekly basis. There are numerous topics to cover here!
Up to Date Resources
- Isn’t it frustrating to finally find a resource and discover that it’s from 2011? We keep ours updated with news, research, and feedback from the ASD community.
- Each toolkit page has an interactive webpage with active links and videos. You can also download the PDF which has ample space for taking notes.