Mental Health Toolkit
Addressing mental health can be a daunting step, and it makes us so glad that you trust us enough to take a chance on this toolkit. Mental health can be a fraught subject for autistic individuals at any age.
Research shows that we are seeing more mental health needs that are requiring attention are appearing as individuals get older, into adolescence and adulthood.
It is our belief at AGU that autistic people should have access to mental health programming when it is needed without having to worry about the way they are stigmatized or discriminated against while doing so.
In the absence of a systemic solution, we have put together this guide to help navigate an imperfect system to receive the support, care, or treatment that you need.
The Toolkit is for Self-Advocates, Family Members, Professionals, and Community Members to get on the same page and collaborate.
In whatever role(s) you occupy, you can use this guide to support your knowledge on the topic, share information with others in your support networks, and use this guide in discussions about locating appropriate resources.
Each individual is in a different place and can benefit from learning about ideas and ways to support or seek support.
The Lifespan Toolbox is a collection of toolkits for everyone in the autism community from self-advocates, family members, professionals, and other members of the community to get on the same page about autism and lifespan.
We span topics all over the lifespan, specifically thinking about the adulthood years (the longest span of our lives!) and how we can all work together to support the autistic person/people in our lives and community.
Research and reported experiences from autistic individuals show a need to receive individualized support regarding life skills and to be connected with others. That’s where the Lifespan Toolbox comes in!
- We have a growing library of toolkits and are adding to it on a biweekly basis. There are numerous topics to cover here!
Up to Date Resources
- Isn’t it frustrating to finally find a resource and discover that it’s from 2011? We keep ours updated with news, research, and feedback from the ASD community.
- Each toolkit page has an interactive webpage with active links and videos. You can also download the PDF which has ample space for taking notes.
How do I download?
This product is an instant digital download. It is available to download in multiple locations:
- After you purchase, you can download directly from the checkout page.
- You will also receive an email with the download link.
- You now have an account with AGU - on all pages of our website (shop.autismgrownup.com) - you will see a tab on the top called Downloads. All of your downloads are housed there.